I've been MIA lately, but have good news. I was waiting to get my "A Maryland Inspiration" framed before I release the chart, as I wanted to get a good picture of it for the cover page. I took my sampler to a very knowledgeable needleworker/shop owner, who mounts the work the old fashioned way -- by lacing. I know I am being a bit AR, but this design is so important to me, I wanted it to be done right and did not mind the 100 mile round trip to take it to her. I picked out the frame -- not an easy task -- and am happy with my choice. Don't even ask about the cost! I don't know how I was able to breathe when I saw the final figure. I think I just might have to start looking for ready made frames and design samplers to fit in them. It was the cost of the frame that drove the price up substantially. At any rate, the sampler is my baby, and I wanted it to have the best!
Lately, I've been working on "Thistle House". I don't think I will ever be able to have a model stitcher, as I make changes to the design as I stitch. It is one thing to see a computer generated rendering, but it is in the stitching, with actual threads, on the linen, that really makes the difference. I'll post a picture of my progress tomorrow when I have better light. It has been raining and gloomy today, but I did get some things done and am happy for that, especially picking the frame. I can't wait to see it framed so I can get the picture for the chart and get the charts on the market.
Have a great evening. I'm going to start stitching as soon as I get off the computer ...