Monday, June 15, 2020

I'm Back!!!

It has been a very, very long time since I have posted anything on my blog and I truly apologize for being away so long.  I've had some major life events since I last posted but before I go into that I'd like to finish up the last bit of information regarding "A Time Forever Gone."  Below is a picture of the finished, framed sampler.  Yes, I finally finished stitching it and am proud to say that it won a First Place Ribbon at the 2018 Woodlawn Needlework Exhibit.



For those who joined me originally in the Stitch-a-Long for this design, you will notice that I switched out the Florentine Stitch section above the verse for a blackwork design.  I did however stitch a small section of Florentine stitch on either side of the signature cartouche.  If you've purchased the chart and haven't stitched your sampler yet, please contact me at HeartseaseEW@gmail.com for a free PDF chart of the changes I made.  You can then decide to stitch it as it was originally charted or make the changes I did.  Either way, I'm sure you will be pleased with the final results.

There really aren't too many things to address regarding the instructions for completion of the sampler, but if you have any questions please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to help in any way I can.

As I said in the opening paragraph, I've had some major events take place in my life since I last posted in 2016.  On Thanksgiving of that year, I suffered a hemorrhagic stroke and it took me a good year to recuperate and get back to stitching and designing again.  I'm very pleased and grateful to say that, aside from a little weakness in one leg, I'm fully recovered!  Thank God!

I'm planning on updating this site with some of my newest projects and hope to use it to make available some information on finishing and freebies for the needlework community.  In the meantime, stay safe and stay well.  It's good to be back!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sampler you created! Congratulations on your first place ribbon at the Woodlawn Show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I'm so glad to hear that you have recovered so well. You are very fortunate. Stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're back and doing well! Looking forward to what you have planned for the future! Best regards, Holly from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the sewing set chart! I am so happy to hear that you are feeling better and have regained your health. Many thanks for your generosity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to hear that all is well after the tornado. We had a terrible one hit our county on Easter Sunday. Love the Beelieve sewing set. Thank you so much. I also love "The Mayflower Rose" ornament! Is that available to purchase somewhere? I would love to stitch it. Happy to have found your blog. Your designs are stunning! Happy Stitching! Jan I tried to post this on the beelieve post but for some reason blogger would not let me.

    ReplyDelete