Saturday, August 22, 2020

Beelieve - A Sewing Set

 Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to my blog but we've experienced some crazy weather in my neck of the woods -- Middletown, Delaware -- A TORNADO!  Three weeks ago, on Tuesday, we had a tornado touch down and travel a full 29 miles on the ground from South of Dover, Delaware to Glasgow, Delaware.  Some parts of Wilmington, Delaware had damage as well.  My neighborhood suffered a lot of downed trees and tree damage, as well as damage to some structures.  The telephone poles were snapped and power lines scattered.  We were without electricity (no WiFi, etc.) for almost 5 days.  It was very scary but, thankfully, we are all fine and we only lost one tree, had some torn and fallen branches, but my house was spared.

Being without power really set me back in my work schedule, but I'm up and running and trying to get caught up.   I had a few other things I needed to take care of before I could post all the information regarding the updates to "Beelieve - A Sewing Set".  When I originally designed the piece I just wanted it to be a small chart to give away in an effort to cheer my fellow needleworkers up during the Covid-19 quarantine of 2020.  After I stitched my piece, I thought that it would really make a pretty sewing set and then it was off to the designing and stitching races!  I love the way the set turned out and am offering the complete chart to everyone as a gift.  We still need some cheering up, don't we?

My computer skills are a little above average, but for some reason I could no longer make my PDF files posted on my blog printable from Dropbox.  I finally figured out a way you can download the chart but you will have to follow my instructions below to be able to print it.  

Notice in the upper right hand corner of the blog there is a link to the Beelieve chart.  Just click on it and you will be taken to a screen that looks like the one below:

Move your cursor over to the side bar on the far right then down to the icon at the bottom that looks like three dots (see below).  

Click on it and move the cursor to the Download option in the menu.  Click and download the file to your computer.  You can then print the file out.  Note:  if you try to print from the main menu, you will only print blank pages.  You have to download it to your computer.  If anyone reading this knows a better way of doing this or how to override the glitch in printing from the main menu, please email me at Heartseaseew@gmail.com with the instructions.  Thanks in advance.

NOTE:  This email came from someone with another option for downloading the file if you have a MAC.  See below:

I didn’t have any trouble downloading the pattern, but maybe these notes will help you help others. My computer is an Apple Mac, and I noticed from your picture that yours is Windows. But I expect Windows users will see a page similar to what I see on my Mac.

When you go to the Dropbox page in your browser, I believe yours looks different because you are signed in to your Dropbox account. When I click the link on your blog page, I get a different view, that has a download button near the top right. When I move the pointer to the bottom of the window, I get some controls to page through the PDF that also include a print icon. For me, clicking the print icon opened the PDF in a new browser tab, where I can then print using the browser print command (on a Mac, choose File > Print).

Rather than just printing the pattern from the dropbox page, I think it is better for people to download the file so it is saved on their computer, and then print it. That way they always have it to go back to, especially if they need to print it again or print an enlarged section of a page.



Yippee!  Now the entire chart is available to you without having to go through me directly.  If you have any questions or find any errors, again, email me at the above email address.  I will be posting pictures and explanations of my finishing of the pieces over the next few days.  I just wanted to make the complete chart available to everyone first.

Take care, stay well and have a great week ahead.

Yours in friendship & stitches,

Theresa

Below is picture of the back of the set:


34 comments:

  1. Theresa, this is absolutely gorgeous, I thought it would be another one for my wish list, so couldn't believe it was a freebie. I could not get mine to download quite the same as you suggested, but I have it saved now, I was determined it would not beat me. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, you are so welcome. I'm happy you were able to download the file to a printable form. Stay well and safe and I hope you enjoy stitching the design. All the best, Theresa.

      Theresa

      Delete
    2. Sandra, can you share how you downloaded the pattern. I only have my iPhone and cannot get to the pattern. I love this set. Is it possible to obtain the pattern set another way? Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Theresa - so nice to wake up to this kind gesture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so welcome, Nurpur. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you this is a wonderful sewing set. Your finishing is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you are so very welcome. Enjoy!

      Delete
  5. Thank you so very much for your kind gift on this sewing set. The finish design is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you are so very welcome. Enjoy!

      Delete
  6. Thank you so very much for your kind gift on this sewing set. The finish design is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Theresa,
    So happy to hear that all is now well after the tornado. We had a bad one in our county on Easter Sunday. I love the free set but also the Mayflower Rose. Is that pattern available to purchase? I would love to stitch it in honor of the 400th Anniversary of The Mayflower. Happy to have found your beautiful blog. Happy stitching! xo jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was one of the first real tornado's I've ever experienced. My daughter and I were hunkered down in the basement and it sounded like a train was roaring by just outside the house.

      The Mayflower Rose (ornament) is available through me directly or through your favorite needlework shop. They would just have to contact me to purchase it for you. If you'd like more information, please email me at HeartseaseEW@gmail.com

      Yours in friendship & stitches,

      Theresa

      Delete
  8. All I have is my iPhone. I cannot download to my phone. Is there another way to get the set? I love the set and it is so kind of u to offer it to us free of charge. Please help as I really love this set. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dixygrl,

      If you email me with your email address, I can send the PDF chart to your IPhone. Thanks.

      Delete
  9. Theresa thank you so much for such a pretty & generous gift ! It downloaded easily. So sorry to here of your tornado experience. Over here in the uk out weather can be extreme sometimes but at least we are lucky to be saved from tornado's - so far !! Thanks again and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Chrisy. I hope you enjoy stitching the design. Stay safe and well.

      Delete
  10. Très joli !!! Giga mercis pour ce cadeau offert avec tant de générosité
    Sincerely yours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation: Very pretty !!! Huge thanks for this gift offered with such generosity

      Delete
  11. Thank you so much for your generosity! I will enjoy making this beautiful set!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Theresa I hit Download and nothing happens all I have is an I phone..😥 is there another way for me to receive your Beautiful work Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been told that you cannot download to an Iphone. If you email me with your email address, I can send the PDF chart to your IPhone. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ma questo set è meraviglioso! Felice di aver trovato questo bellissimo blog. Un saluto dalla lontana Sardegna.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Translation: But this set is wonderful! Happy to have found this beautiful blog. Greetings from distant Sardinia.

    Thank you so much. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for offering this to us - such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much. What a pretty design and thoughtful gift during this strange year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you very much for such a beautiful set!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you,I will enjoy stitching this beautiful set. I think I have everything needed in my stash.:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Merci, merci c'est beau et genereux. Contente que la tempête ait épargné votre maison. Française, j'utilise un traducteur en ligne.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are very kind & we stitchers are very grateful & love everything you have stitched. Absolutely beautiful! Love always, Frances Whiting, Florida

    ReplyDelete